Friday, February 12, 2010

Long explaination, then a question.

So today the kids celebrated Valentines Day at school. I had to make sugar cookies for Jackson's class. The teacher only wanted one dozen. So what do you do with the other three dozen? Well, I ate about one dozen all by myself. I can't help myself, I Loooooove sugar cookies. Is it bad that I had three of those for breakfast? The rest I have given away to my visiting teaching gals. But I ate so many that I didn't have enough for the third person i visit teach. Now I have to make more. This could be a really bad for my waist line. I also had to get cupcakes for Jackson's pretend birthday yesterday. It's pretend because his birthday is in the summer. They celebrate all the summer birthdays on some random day during the school year. Jackson, however decided to tell me the night before. I paid about twelve fifty at the local Winegars for two dozen. I have to buy them because they don't want any unwrapped candy or treats just in case, you know, I wanted to poison my own son and his class mates. So my question is...why is it okay to make sugar cookies for his class but not make his birthday cupcakes? Hmmmm, it's a mystery.
I was going to post a picture of my delicious cookies but my memory card is being temperamental and won't read in my printer for some reason. You'll just have to ask my V.T. peeps how they were.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ha! You are too funny! That is stupid that you had to make cookies for the v-day party and then buy treats for the b-day party. Dumb rules. I'm totally impressed that you made cookies for your vt ladies. I did notta.
Maybe I should request having you be my vt!

Rebecca McNair said...

I LOVE sugar cookies too! I can't make them I will eat the whole batch! And don't worry you aren't the only one that eats them for breakfast! I love treats for breakfast! The pictures of your little girl are darling!!! So cute!

Kristy said...

Taya, I did the same thing. I had to make 2 different batches for some family parties and I ate about 3 a day for almost a week. By the time the last party came, I couldn't even stand the thought of eating one more. They sure do sound good again now though!

For our kids parties, they won't even let us make sugar cookies any more. You have to buy them from a bakery and then buy the frosting. They are expensive and don't even taste good. Lame!