Friday, June 11, 2010

A bad night and then some.

So we went to St.George last Sunday. It. Was. Hot. I got a cold, Cole got a cold, Mailey got a cold, and so did Scott. How is that possible? It seems backwards-no? We stayed at the Ramada, for the first night. I have a sister who lives there but my parents were staying with her. I don't sleep well away from home. Kieryn does not sleep well away from home. We all shared a room. Kieryn cried from about ten until eleven p.m. Then when I thought she'd finally fallen asleep, I closed my eyes and drifted into almost a slumber. Every fifteen minuets she'd scream like a bottle rocket and send us all into the ceilling. Man, where do my kids get that genetic anomaly? It's not really even human the way they scream. Anyway after about ten times of that torture, I couldn't sleep at all. I tossed, I turned, I sweat, and couldn't breath out of my nose. Some members of my family started a harmony of heavy breathing. That was helpful too. At about four a.m. I zonked. About an hour later, I was roused with a tickling up my arm. I brushed it away, still groggy, and went back to sleep. Five minuets later, that tickle was back only on my neck. This time I shot up grabbing the impostor and tossing the unknown creature across the room. It felt big,I screamed. Now I know where my offspring get it. So now I had the hebbies, and there was no way I was going back to sleep. I made Scott get up and help me search for the offender. We found it, it was a cockroach. It still makes me shutter, I am all itchy just writing about it. Now I know your thinking that the Hotel was a dive, but it wasn't I assure you. Just F.Y.I though, don't stay there. When I complained to the Manager, this is what she told me. "Just so you know, cockroaches are all over St. George." Not, I'm sorry we'll give you a discount or we will comp your room, or give you a free night. Really!? Have they never heard of pest control? I don't care if they have a whole nest of roaches living in the yard they should not be crawling all over me in my hotel room. Jeez people, when did the rule the customer is always right die? I am severely disappointed, and totally grossed out. Let's just say I am tramatized and am not sure I can ever stay in a hotel again.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! We are going in October and now I am not looking forward to it. Every hotel I looked at had reviews that had things about cockroaches. Now I know why. So sorry it was a rough trip.

Jen said...

Holy crap! Talk about a night from h#@*! So sorry that your vacation turned out to be a little torture-ous. I hope you and your family is feeling better!

Sarah said...

how awful! hopefully you're all better now.

Hollyween said...

Eww... cockroaches! Heebie Jeebies for sure! YUCK! And to think it was on your bare skin. The HORROR!!!

Your sleep in the hotel sounds about like mine every night lately.

Houk Family said...

Hey we've been looking for you guys!! You guys dropped off the face of the earth. At least to the Houk family. Your family is adorable!! Great to hear from you!! Tell Scott hello!